Tagline

Tagline

Sunday 11 March 2012

[Ellie's Blog] Gucci Envy Me Eau de Toilette

In addition to nail polish, something else I wear almost daily is perfume. I am by no means loyal to a single perfume; I have maybe 6 that I alternate between depending on mood. But I am not entirely fickle either, because there is a particular one I return to time and time again, and is the only perfume I own in a large bottle. Hands down my favourite perfume, today I'd like to share with you Gucci's Envy Me.




According to Sephora, Envy Me has notes of peony, jasmine, pink pepper, litchi, pomegranate, pineapple, pink musk, seringa, white tea, sandalwood, teakwood and sensual musk. Even if I were reincarnated as a German Shepherd, I doubt I'd be able to differentiate between all those scents, and my personal description is simply "a light and fresh floral". I don't like my perfume too heavy or too musky, but I enjoy a hint of floral, and this one fits the bill perfectly. It was the first perfume I ever fell in love with and purchased, so I guess it's true what they say about first loves.


Even though I'm sure you've all read or heard many tips for wearing cologne/perfume, the following are the ones that come to mind as I'm perfume shopping or spritzing myself in the morning:
  • Always try a perfume on your skin before buying. The oils on your skin will react with the perfume oils, so the perfume will not necessarily smell the same on your skin vs. my skin vs. a piece of paper. 
  • I don't want my perfume to knock people out like an ocean wave as I walk by; I want it to be so subtle that it doesn't register on my audience's consciousness. If a scent straight from the bottle is too strong, spray a cloud in front of you and walk through it.
  • Hair holds scent longer than skin.
  • Some people are highly allergic to scents; be sensitive to those around you.
What is your favourite scent? 

The smallest size (1oz) retails for $52 USD and is available from Sephora and most major department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment